Dive into the building blocks of color!
Designed for beginning to intermediate painters, Brilliant Color Bootcamp will help you exercise your creative strengths and try new techniques. I’ll share everything I’ve learned over the past 25 years for understanding color, composition, value, and temperature. In this online course, you'll get seven full-length painting videos and tons of extra video clips and studio tips and the Color Games. Immerse yourself in the foundations of color, with weekly lessons on temperature, value and composition. With the Color Games each week, you can stretch your wings and learn the fundamentals of color theory. All the painting videos are fresh and new, created exclusively for this workshop!
- Floral and landscape painting lessons in oils
- Essentials of value, chroma and hue
- Color theory fundamentals
- Superpower palette tips (say that really fast!)
- Classes are open and available for a full year
- Tips for nurturing your inner flower child
- Watch from your desktop, tablet or smartphone
- Open for intermediate to advanced painters
Registration is Open!
Five lessons open for a year for $375
This course is beautifully presented, virtually stroke by gorgeous stroke, engaging, encouraging and informative. Even I who have never painted before gained the knowledge in this first course to guide me into my first steps into painting. I have learned so much this session. Thank you, Nancy!
The anticipation was killing me! I stayed up until 12:30 am HST to watch the entire class! It’s everything I hoped for and more! Nancy, you are not only an amazing talented artist, but a fabulous teacher! I appreciate all your tips with every step as you walk us through your creative process. The videographer did an outstanding job focusing close up on your work in progress. As a beginner, I try to grasp your detailed brush strokes. Can’t wait to get started! Thanks so much Nancy for sharing your talent with us!
I am truly amazed and delighted at the organization of this course to facilitate a great learning and painting experience. The first video was a jaw dropper in new content. Thank you Nancy!
What You'll Get in this E-Course
Seven full-length painting videos
Fall in love with temperature shifts and learn to place them in strategic locations
Develop your intuitive superpower color skills
Essentials of value, temperature, chroma and hue explained in plain English
Practical hands-on tips for bringing the brightest color to your palette
What you'll get in this e-course
- Seven full-length painting lessons
- Dozens of studio tips and video clips
- Weekly lessons available for an entire year
- Bonus tips in acrylics and oils
- Fun and simple social media marketing tips
- My favorite art apps
- Exclusive lessons created for this class
What You Get with Each Lesson
- Full-length paintings filled with vibrant color tips
- Landscape and floral paintings, plus bonus tips for acrylic painters
- How to put the “wow” factor into your palette
- My must have list of Superpower Colors
- Tips for painting from life
- All my favorite color mixing recipes with videos
- How to understand temperature and value in botanical paintings
- The benefits of becoming a daily painter
- Ways to reimagine color and give your palette some sizzle
There are no jumping jacks in the Brilliant Color Bootcamp, just a beautiful, loose, and painterly path to immersing yourself in the foundations and principles for taking the next step in your art journey.
Empower Your Flowers
- Open for all levels
- All content available for a full year
- Lessons demonstrated in oils, with guidance for acrylics provided on our Facebook page
- Dynamic compositions – the building blocks explained
- How to create powerful color impact in all of your work
- Ways to free up your brush and paint loosely
- Superpower color recipes
- How to combine colors that attract collectors
- How to discover and celebrate your own unique style
- Florals, landscapes and a multimedia bonus lesson
- Weekly lessons on temperature, value and composition
- How to market your art online
- Color-packed lessons, videos, images and tips
- Building strong light and shadow in nature
A Little About Me
I’m a gal who quit the corporate life, took the leap, and found her color wings! I left behind a job as the director of a national magazine to become a full time artist and art teacher. Since then I've worked with Disney and painted on national TV. One morning I had an epiphany – Life is too short not to follow your bliss!
Today life is very busy in my little studio in Colorado Springs, where I have the able assistance of my pugs and hubby (he loves to cook, we love to eat, it’s Kismet!). I teach in France, Italy, and across the US, and am a master signature artist and instructor for the Dallas Arboretum in oils and acrylics. I’ve been painting every day for eight years, so I’m officially at the point where intervention or medication could be required, but no one has taken my brushes yet!
Most importantly, I wake up each and every day excited. I’m an artist and a teacher. Everything I paint, all that I know, I share with my students. My joy is in helping you be the best artist you can be. Navigating this journey of color and discovery is not just a job description, it is a dream come true. What a joy, and an honor it is, to share it with you!
How The Course Unfolds
Once class begins you'll receive
- 7 full-length lessons
- A wholehearted experience of weekly painting lessons, studio tips, color inspirations and more
- Access to the course web site and all lessons for a full year
Going through the course
- You’ll learn how temperature shifts can give delightful nuance in your petal shadows and highlights
- How to fill your studio with low cost ways of economizing space and time
- The beauty and savings of “found objects” for your artist toolkit
- Tips on creating dynamic linework in compositions
- Step by step instruction on how to build strong light and shadow in nature
- The secret to nurturing artistic intuition
“You will never know how grateful I am to you Nancy, for bringing me back to painting. I feel like I have been reborn. I am thankful for all you do!”
~ Kay B
How much does the course cost?
The e-course is $375.
How will the course be structured?
This is a five-week online course, that you may access anytime for one year. Each week contains a full painting lesson, with multiple videos, downloadable resources, and resources. Two of the weeks include an additional full-length painting lesson. Brilliant Color Boot Camps will be right there for you for an entire year, to learn and grow at your own pace. The e-course will be hosted on a private Web site that will hold onto all the content for you.
Is Brilliant Color Bootcamp suitable for all levels?
The Brilliant Color Bootcamp online class is designed for all levels. I’ll have videos and guides on how to use all the tools and supplies and all my favorite studio tips. For beginning to intermediate painters, this is your introduction to color theory, provided in fun ways that will tickle your muse and get you excited about painting. For more advanced painters who would love to paint looser and brighter, I’ll share step by step methods and videos for how to take that leap into inspiration and new color approaches you’ve been craving. We all lead super busy lives, so I’ll share my favorite ways to reach your Happy Color Place as quickly as possible. If you’ve been stuck or in the color doldrums or just want to wake up your palette with some jaw-dropping hues, this is the class for you!
A link to the Painting Brilliant Colors supply list is provided by clicking here. I’m not fussy about the type of surface I paint on, I use stretched cotton canvas, linen panels, or ampersand gessoboards depending on what mood I’m in that day! The brush I use costs about $2, so keep four or five of these next to your palette. I do recommend saving your pennies on your surfaces and brushes and choosing professional quality paints.
In Flower Mound Studio, I work in acrylics and oils regularly. While the ecourse lessons for Painting Brilliant Colors are all in oils, I will be providing a bonus lesson in acrylics and oils in the fall class. Additionally, I provide guidance for my acrylic painters in our Facebook fan page chats with tips on how to convert acrylic color recipes to match the colors we will use in our videos, and the best approach to creating that loose, beautifully blendy oil technique with your awesomely fabulous acrylic paints.
We'll be painting, sunflowers, poppies, daisies, landscapes, and more! The rest I'm saving as a surprise for you, so you have a fun, colorful gift to unwrap and anticipate each week. I will say, you will not just be painting flowers in this course, expect some landscape exercises in brilliant color on the menu! I use the same basic palette for everything I create, whether it’s flowers, landscapes, or chickens, so you’ll find that the combinations become comfortable and familiar with each new painting lesson in the series.
All the content was created especially for this course by a team of professional videographers and photographers, smart computer type people, and one super busy artist who had a lot of caffeine on hand.
Yes – it will help alleviate frustration.
Please be mindful that is a private course for those who have registered and paid. Please do not share the ecourse content, videos, links, worksheets, photographs, slideshows, and materials. This is not fair play and I know you will respect that. You can, however, share snippets of your work and excitement on your blog and other social network sites!
One of my intentions in this course is to help you develop your powerful and personal connection with painting from life. Your own style will show if you work from your own flower setups and photos. I’m happy for you to show and sell original, innovative work created. If however your work is more closely similar to the original paintings in the ecourse videos, that is all good, but I would ask that you don’t put those pieces out to exhibit or sell if they are close copies of my work. I trust that your heart will tell you what is too close.
All sales are final and non-refundable. If you have any questions about whether this is the right fit for you, please send an email before purchasing to email@example.com