June 22 to July 1, 2020 - Your Summer Getaway
An Unforgettable Journey Workshop
$4850 per person double occupancy
Deposit to save your seat:
This workshop is full - for wait list information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
You are invited to join Nancy for a summer getaway to the magnificent French Alps. There is no more beautiful escape from the summer heat than spending 10 days in the heart of the lovely medieval village of Annecy, known as "The Venice of France" with its canals, flower gardens, cafes and shops. After flying into Geneva, Switzerland, we'll make our home in The Splendid Hotel, our retreat near the shores of historic Lake Annecy. Your journey begins with a tour of Col de la Forclaz with lunch on the terrace of a dairy farm in the mountains. We'll sample slices of charcuterie, cheeses, potato beignets, and fresh blueberry tarts with cream. We'll tour the Chateau de Menthon St Bernard, a castle filled with 13th century furnishings, tapestries and a library of ancient manuscripts painted with illuminations from the monks of the Middle Ages. And this is all just Day 1!
During your journey workshop, you'll have plenty of painting time with Nancy in the indoor studio at your hotel in Annecy. Nonpainters will enjoy additional tours and excursions while the painters are busy in the studio.
Your workshop will include a walking tour of Annecy along the Canal de Thiou in the center of the old town, within sights and smells of sausages, cheeses and fresh bread. You'll wander "Le Vieux Annecy" also known as the "Venice of France" for views of picturesque canals. We'll visit one of the natural wonders of the Alps, the Gorges de Fier, and visit the "Jardin des Secrets", (Garden of Secrets), 7000 square meters of gardens, patios, galleries and architecture.
We'll visit the charming Yvoire, ranked as a "four flower" village, on the bank of Lake Leman, known as Lac Geneve by the Swiss. We'll visit the Garden of the Five Senses where the castle's former kitchen garden has been restored to a plant labyrinth that changes with the seasons. We'll lunch beside the lake and explore the village filled with shops and galleries.
Prepare to make flowers and landscapes bloom in brilliant color in this beautiful getaway with multiple excursions, gourmet meals, and all the peace and serenity your heart desires. Plan to paint, relax, and enjoy the sights in this workshop at your own pace and speed. Open for all levels of experience, for oil and acrylic painters, open for nonpainters, too. Nancy will be painting in oils and providing support and conversions for acrylic painters, too. A supply list will be provided following registration, along with tips for traveling with art supplies. We do expect this class to fill quickly, so don't miss this opportunity to reserve your seat! Please note that airfare is not included in this trip.
Here's a taste of your visit to The French Alps:
- Paint at your own pace and speed indoors
- Shop with Nancy for fresh flowers
- Open to all levels, oil and acrylic painters
- Additional activities for nonpainters
- Air conditioned hotel
- En suite hotel rooms
- Air conditioned studio and transportation
- Shopping in open air markets
- Chocolate and cheese tastings, wine tastings and more
- Experience life in an ancient city in the mountains
- Explore a village filled with charming canals and shops
- Share your experiences with other artists over aperitifs
- Finish the day with fantastic gourmet dinners
- Note, airfare, travel insurance is not included
- 9 nights at The Splendid Hotel near the shores of Lake Annecy
- Transportation and airport transfers from Geneva to Annecy (arrivals and departures)
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 6 dinners
- Transport and excursions to unique painting sites
- Additional activities for non-painters
- Tours to Gorges du Fier, the Jardins Secrets, Yvoire, Chateau de Monthon, La Ferme, the Plateau de Glieres with lunch at Chalet Chez Merlin and more
- Tasting day in Annecy with Meyer Chocolatier de'Annecy, regional liqueurs such as Genepi, artisan made cookies, cakes and saucisson
- Wine tasting, cheese tasting and pairing of light tapas at La Cave in Annecy with Vincent, our adorable wine specialist
- Boat cruise on Lake Annecy
- Market day in Annecy with a picnic on the hotel terrace
- Oil painting instruction by Nancy Medina in an indoor studio
- Solvent and towels for painting
- Tips for guides and transport in air conditioned buses
For more information, contact Nancy at email@example.com