Step 3 in the Series ~ Painting Brilliant Colors!
Painting Brilliant Colors is the third step in the Brilliant Color series, giving you a whole new set of lessons. You'll get 6 weeks of the full length oil painting videos (plus a bonus week at the end). Additionally, for the first time, we'll dip into palette knife work, and we'll work on textured surfaces. We'll dip into color, composition, value and temperature. Every moment of Painting Brilliant Colors is aesthetically pleasing and filled with information you can use for years to come. Well organized and easy to navigate, the site and all of the presentations each week are beautifully rendered and richly presented. I'm so very excited to share this new journey with you!
- Floral and landscape painting lessons
- A dip into palette knife painting
- Classes open for one full year
- Bonus lessons in multimedia
- Watch from your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Six weeks of full-length, professional HD oil painting videos
Registration is Open!
Seven lessons open immediately for $375
I can't wait for my third online course with Nancy to begin this spring. Nancy is fearless and brings it in every way. Anyone on the fence - just look at all of us repeating flower friends! We all love Nancy and her courses!
~ Patricia W
I'm thrilled that our first lesson in the spring workshop will be irises! I can't wait to learn how to paint an iris as loosely as Nancy does! I'm from Stockton, California, and this is my third workshop. Nancy is an outstanding teacher!
~ Linda S
I enrolled in the 2016 spring course and have to say that this new 2017 course is far and away light years ahead! Congratulations Nancy and Carlos. You have totally outdone yourselves in the beauty and quality of this new online class!
~ Anita H
What You Get this Spring
Seven lessons, six weekly videos with full length painting lessons and more
Fall in love with temperature shifts and learn to place them in strategic locations
Develop your intuitive superpower color skills
Essentials of value, temperature, chroma and hue explained in plain English
Practical hands-on tips for bringing the brightest color to your palette
Here's Where Color Blooms
- All new oil painting videos
- A dip into palette knife oils
- 7 full-length painting lessons
- Bonus multimedia texture painting lessons
- An all new Web site and classroom experience
What's on the Brilliant Color Menu
The unique, exclusive never before seen content!
- How to put the “wow” factor into your palette
- Tips for painting from life
- My must have list of Superpower Colors
- The benefits of becoming a daily painter
- Landscape and floral paintings, plus bonus tips for acrylic painters
- A teacher who responds and critiques
- All my favorite color mixing recipes with videos
- How to understand temperature and value in botanical paintings
- Ways to reimagine color and give your palette some sizzle
Empower Your Flowers With
- Lessons in oils, with guidance for acrylics provided throughout
- All content is the highest quality videography
- Dynamic compositions – the building blocks explained
- How to create powerful color impact in all of your work
- Ways to free up your brush and paint loosely
- Superpower color recipes
- How to combine colors that attract collectors
- How to discover and celebrate your own unique style
- Floral and landscape painting lessons
- Weekly tips on temperature, value and composition
- How to market your art online
- Color-packed lessons, videos, images and tips
- Building strong light and shadow in nature
- Membership in a private Facebook community
A Little About Me
I’m a gal who quit the corporate life, took the leap, and found her color wings! I left behind a job as the director of a national magazine to become a full time artist and art teacher. One morning I had an epiphany – Life is too short not to follow your bliss!
Today life is very busy in my little studio in Flower Mound, Texas, where I have the able assistance of my pugs and hubby (he loves to cook, we love to eat, it’s Kismet!). I teach in France, Italy, and across the US, and am a master signature artist and instructor for the Dallas Arboretum in oils and acrylics. I’ve been painting every day for eight years, so I’m officially at the point where intervention or medication could be required, but no one has taken my brushes yet!
Most importantly, I wake up each and every day excited. I’m an artist and a teacher. Everything I paint, all that I know, I share with my students. My joy is in helping you be the best artist you can be. Navigating this journey of color and discovery is not just a job description, it is a dream come true. What a joy, and an honor it is, to share it with you!
How The Course Unfolds
Once you purchase the course, you'll receive:
- Seven full-length painting lessons
- A wholehearted experience of painting lessons, studio tips, color inspirations and more
- Membership in a private Facebook flower family
- Email confirmation of your course details
- A super responsive helpdesk team
- Access to the course website and lessons for a full year
Going through the course
- You’ll learn how temperature shifts can give delightful nuance in your petal shadows and highlights
- How to fill your studio with low cost ways of economizing space and time
- The beauty and savings of “found objects” for your artist toolkit
- Tips on traveling with paints and how to use your tools
- Step by step instruction on how to build strong light and shadow in nature
- The secret to nurturing artistic intuition
“I was struggling to get back into painting when I located Nancy's enticing class with colors. The physical power of these amazing colors has transformed my dismal, desperate quest to create again! Thank you so much Nancy for these amazing online classes!”
How much does the course cost?
Registration for the is $375.
How will the course be structured?
This six-week course will be waiting for you once you complete your purchase, with multiple videos, downloadable resources, and reference materials, and inspirational resources. It will be there for a full year, for you to learn and grow at your own pace. The e-course will be hosted on this private Web site that will hold onto all the content for you. Membership in your exclusive Painting Brilliant Colors Facebook page will be a positive place to bloom together - you can share your experiences, encourage fellow students, and find inspiration from new friends for the empowering flowering journey.
Is Painting Brilliant Colors suitable for all levels?
The Painting Brilliant Color ecourse is designed for all levels of painters, from beginners to advanced. I’ll have videos and guides on how to use all the tools and supplies, color recipe cards, and all my favorite studio tips. For more advanced painters who would love to paint looser and brighter, I’ll share step by step methods and videos for how to take that leap into inspiration and color you’ve been craving. We all lead super busy lives, so I’ll share my favorite ways to reach your Happy Color Place as quickly as possible. If you’ve been stuck or in the color doldrums or just want to wake up your palette with some jaw-dropping hues, this is the class for you!
Click to view more questions +
A link to the Painting Brilliant Colors supply list is provided by clicking here. I’m not fussy about the type of surface I paint on, I use stretched cotton canvas, linen panels, or ampersand gessoboards depending on what mood I’m in that day! The brush I use costs about $2, so keep four or five of these next to your palette. I do recommend saving your pennies on your surfaces and brushes and choosing professional quality paints.
In Flower Mound Studio, I work in acrylics and oils regularly. While the ecourse lessons for Painting Brilliant Colors are all in oils, I will be providing a bonus lesson in acrylics and oils in the fall class. Additionally, I provide guidance for my acrylic painters in our Facebook fan page chats with tips on how to convert acrylic color recipes to match the colors we will use in our videos, and the best approach to creating that loose, beautifully blendy oil technique with your awesomely fabulous acrylic paints.
We'll be painting, sunflowers, poppies, daisies, landscapes, and more! The rest I'm saving as a surprise for you, so you have a fun, colorful gift to unwrap and anticipate each week. I will say, you will not just be painting flowers in this course, expect some landscape exercises in brilliant color on the menu! I use the same basic palette for everything I create, whether it’s flowers, landscapes, or chickens, so you’ll find that the combinations become comfortable and familiar with each new painting lesson in the series.
All the content was created especially for this course by a team of professional videographers and photographers, smart computer type people, and one super busy artist who had a lot of caffeine on hand.
Yes – it will help alleviate frustration.
Please be mindful that is a private course for those who have registered and paid. Please do not share the ecourse content, videos, links, worksheets, photographs, slideshows, and materials. This is not fair play and I know you will respect that. You can, however, share snippets of your work and excitement on your blog and other social network sites!
One of my intentions in this course is to help you develop your powerful and personal connection with painting from life. Your own style will show if you work from your own flower setups and photos. I’m happy for you to show and sell original, innovative work created. If however your work is more closely similar to the original paintings in the ecourse videos, that is all good, but I would ask that you don’t put those pieces out to exhibit or sell if they are close copies of my work. I trust that your heart will tell you what is too close.
All sales are final and non-refundable. If you have any questions about whether this is the right fit for you, please send an email before purchasing to firstname.lastname@example.org