Learn to build brilliant color!
In this five-week, online workshop, take the first step in your journey with Nancy, building powerful color in everything you paint.
In this five-week class, Nancy shares all her favorite tips for a joyful, loose approach to color, with behind the scenes peeks at her studio and gardens, weekly color inspirations, and all new, full-length painting lessons packed with energy and life.
- Floral and landscape painting lessons in oils
- Superpower palette tips (say that really fast!)
- Tools to build dynamic composition
- Tips for nurturing your inner flower child
- Lessons open for a full year, at your own pace and speed
- Open for all levels
Registration is Open!
$375 for five full-length lessons
I could hear you, talking to the daffodils and tulips,
whispering to the fairies that lived inside their petals...
~ Lucy Christopher, Stolen: A Letter to My Captor
What You'll Get in this E-Course
Five full length painting videos
Secrets for dramatically beautiful color combinations
My “must have” Superpower Colors
Five tips for rekindling pure joy in the studio
- How to put the “wow” factor into your palette
- All my favorite color mixing recipes with videos
- The benefits of becoming a daily painter
- Landscape and floral paintings, plus bonus tips for acrylic painters
- Tips for painting from life
- How to understand temperature and value in botanical paintings
- Ways to reimagine color and give your palette some sizzle
What's on the Brilliant Color Menu
- Lessons in oils, with guidance for acrylics provided throughout
- All content available for 1 year
- Open for all levels
- Dynamic compositions – the building blocks explained
- How to create powerful color impact in all of your work
- Ways to free up your brush and paint loosely
- Superpower color recipes
- How to combine colors that attract collectors
- How to discover and celebrate your own unique style
- Floral and landscape painting lessons
- Weekly tips on temperature, value, and composition
- How to market your art online
- Color-packed lessons, videos, images, and tips
- Building strong light and shadow in nature
What you will take home to your own studio
- Eye catching color in all your paintings
- Tips for transitioning from painting from photos to fresh flowers
- Freedom to paint more quickly and confidently
- Ways to reimagine your color combinations
- All my favorite color recipes
A Little About Me
I’m a gal who quit the corporate life, took the leap, and found her color wings! I left behind a job as the director of a national magazine to become a full time artist and art teacher. This year, I've worked with Disney and painted on national TV. One morning I had an epiphany – Life is too short not to follow your bliss!
Today life is very busy in my little studio in Flower Mound, Texas, where I have the able assistance of my pugs and hubby (he loves to cook, we love to eat, it’s Kismet!). I teach in France, Italy, and across the US, and am a master signature artist and instructor for the Dallas Arboretum in oils and acrylics. I’ve been painting every day for eight years, so I’m officially at the point where intervention or medication could be required, but no one has taken my brushes yet!
Most importantly, I wake up each and every day excited. I’m an artist and a teacher. Everything I paint, all that I know, I share with my students. My joy is in helping you be the best artist you can be. Navigating this journey of color and discovery is not just a job description, it is a dream come true. What a joy, and an honor it is, to share it with you!
How The Course Unfolds
After you sign up, you'll receive
- Five painting lessons
- A wholehearted experience of weekly painting lessons, studio tips, color inspirations and more
- A super responsive helpdesk team
- Access to the course website and lessons for a full year
Going through the course
- You’ll learn how temperature shifts can give delightful nuance in your petal shadows and highlights
- How to fill your studio with low cost ways of economizing space and time
- The beauty and savings of “found objects” for your artist toolkit
- Tips on traveling with paints and how to use your tools
- Step by step instruction on how to build strong light and shadow in nature
- The secret to nurturing artistic intuition
How much does the course cost?
The e-course is $375.
How will the course be structured?
This is a five-week online course, that you may access anytime for one year. Each week contains a full painting lesson, with multiple videos, downloadable resources, and images. Your class will be right there for you for an entire year, to learn and grow at your own pace. The e-course will be hosted on a private Web site that will hold onto all the content for you.
Is Painting Brilliant Colors suitable for all levels?
The Painting Brilliant colors online class is designed for all levels of painters, from beginners to advanced. I’ll have videos and guides on how to use all the tools and supplies and all my favorite studio tips. For more advanced painters who would love to paint looser and brighter, I’ll share step by step methods and videos for how to take that leap into inspiration and new color approaches you’ve been craving. We all lead super busy lives, so I’ll share my favorite ways to reach your Happy Color Place as quickly as possible. If you’ve been stuck or in the color doldrums or just want to wake up your palette with some jaw-dropping hues, this is the class for you!
A link to the Painting Brilliant Colors supply list is provided by clicking here. I’m not fussy about the type of surface I paint on, I use stretched cotton canvas, linen panels, or ampersand gessoboards depending on what mood I’m in that day! The brush I use costs about $2, so keep four or five of these next to your palette. I do recommend saving your pennies on your surfaces and brushes and choosing professional quality paints.
In Flower Mound Studio, I work in acrylics and oils regularly. While the ecourse lessons for Painting Brilliant Colors are all in oils, I will be providing a bonus lesson in acrylics and oils in the fall class. Additionally, I provide guidance for my acrylic painters in our Facebook fan page chats with tips on how to convert acrylic color recipes to match the colors we will use in our videos, and the best approach to creating that loose, beautifully blendy oil technique with your awesomely fabulous acrylic paints.
We'll be painting, sunflowers, poppies, daisies, landscapes, and more! The rest I'm saving as a surprise for you, so you have a fun, colorful gift to unwrap and anticipate each week. I will say, you will not just be painting flowers in this course, expect some landscape exercises in brilliant color on the menu! I use the same basic palette for everything I create, whether it’s flowers, landscapes, or chickens, so you’ll find that the combinations become comfortable and familiar with each new painting lesson in the series.
All the content in Painting Brilliant Colors was created especially for this class, for you with love, care by a team of professional videographers and photographers, smart computer type people, and one super busy artist who had a lot of caffeine on hand.
Yes – it will help alleviate frustration.
Please be mindful that is a private course for those who have registered and paid. Please do not share the ecourse content, videos, links, worksheets, photographs, slideshows, and materials. This is not fair play and I know you will respect that. You can, however, share snippets of your work and excitement on your blog and other social network sites!
One of my intentions in this course is to help you develop your powerful and personal connection with painting from life. Your own style will show if you work from your own flower setups and photos. I’m happy for you to show and sell original, innovative work created. If however your work is more closely similar to the original paintings in the ecourse videos, that is all good, but I would ask that you don’t put those pieces out to exhibit or sell if they are close copies of my work. I trust that your heart will tell you what is too close.
All sales are final and non-refundable. If you have any questions about whether this is the right fit for you, please send an email before purchasing to firstname.lastname@example.org